Try these truffles - you'll be hooked!
Raw Pineapple Chilli Truffles
- these truffles inspired by Amy Lyons are amazing.
- 1/4 cup raw coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw coconut butter, warmed to liquid
- 1/4 cup raw cacao butter, warmed to liquid
- 4 bars of Sweet Revolution Raw Dark Chocolate
- In a high speed blender, combine the coconut nectar, pineapple, chili flakes, vanilla, and salt and blend until smooth. Add the coconut butter and cacao butter and blend until combined. Pour into a bowl, and place in the freezer until firm enough to scoop, about an hour.
- Once the filling is firm enough to scoop, scoop out little 1 1/2 inch balls, and set on a parchment lined sheet pan or tray. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, when the truffles are almost ready, melt the chocolate bars in the top of a double boiler with simmering water beneath (being careful not to let the chocolate mixture on top get above 115F degrees). Or alternatively you can melt it in the dehydrator as I often do, it just takes a little longer.
- When the chocolate is fully melted, dip the truffles into the mixture letting the excess drain off back into the bowl. Place back on the tray, and repeat with the others. Once they are all done, allow the chocolate to set (which will happen faster if you pop them in the freezer for about 10 minutes).
The truffles can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container - but we promise you they won't last long!